Need something else?
Absolut Pro Font is The modern sans serif for the new millennium – reduced to the essentials: pure typeface.
A sans serif without compromise: modern, technically, uncompromising, prosaic, aesthetical.
The character styles have removed themselves as far as possible from the original written form – and it’s high time the type in our font keeps up with the changing cultural situations… »Absolut« is a modern sans serif without compromise.
For example, n in »Absolut« is formed with just one stroke whereas in typefaces developed from writing, two strokes are united to form one character. »Absolut« does without such “complications.” The break with tradition is stretched even further: The character styles have been changed, especially noticeable on t, but r and f require a double take, too. We are already accustomed to these styles in advertising. But here’s what’s new: a text type which dares to take this pioneer step into the modern age.
The forms of »Absolut« are unconditionally modern. The characters have been reduced down to the basic idea of the letters. The historical burden surrounding type has been discarded. Gentle bowls on the stroke ends and on some inclinations make the sentence structure more attractive so that »Absolut« is also suitable for text type.
Additional functions can be activated and deactivated as OpenType-Features:
• Stylistic Alternates: replaces the letters a, g, u in each case with the alternative variant.
• Ligatures: replaces the letter pairs ch, ck, ff, fi, fl, ff, fj, ft, th, tt, tz, ffi, ffl with the respective letter combination.
• Tabular Numbers: replaces the normal numbers by means of tabular numbers with identical sign width.
• Fractions: replaces the glyph combinations 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 etc by the according fractions.
• Historical Forms: replaces s with ”long s“ and SS i.e., SZ with capital-ß.
• Slashed Zero: replaces the numeral 0 by the slashed variant
• Stylistic Set 1: replaces the »round« form of a by the »two storied« alternate form.
• Stylistic Set 2: replaces the »round« form of g by the »two storied« alternate form.
• Stylistic Set 3: replaces the »round« form of u by the »broken« alternate form.
• Stylistic Set 4: replaces the standard numerals [1—20] by circled numbers.
• Stylistic Set 5: replaces the standard numerals [1—20] by negative circled numbers.
- Designer: Ingo Zimmermann
- License: You can use this font for personal purpose.
You can purchase full version and commercial license here: https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/ingo/absolut-pro/